Why oh why do I also seem to forget about curries as a dinner option?!? It seems like I will go weeks without anything curry related in the mix, and then I remember that we love it and I bust out something yummy. Then we have it for like 3 nights that week….repeat cycle, lol!
It hit me this week that we were in one of those cycles, so I pulled out one of our favorites. And if I’m being totally honest it ranks super high on my list because…
- crazy easy to make
- it goes in the crockpot, duh!
- all food groups in pot
- always provides us with leftovers
That is a win on fronts if I have seen one. Enjoy, girl!
Crockpot Curry Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs (or breasts if you prefer)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen cauliflower rice
- Place everything but the cauliflower rice in a crockpot and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or low for 6 to 8 hours. Add the cauliflower rice into the slow cooker 1 hour before your cook time is up.
- With 1 hour remaining in cook time – remove and shred the chicken.
- Place chicken and cauliflower rice back to crockpot. Cook for remaining hour.
- This recipe makes 6 servings for us.