Do you have a go-to soup that you want when you are sick?
Ever since I can remember, mine has been potato soup homemade by my mama. It just seemed to bring me so much comfort and boy did it taste good. Holding the spot as my most favorite soup for a very long time. And if I’m being totally honest I was an uber picky eater as a kid so it probably helped that there was nothing fancy to this soup, lol!
Well, as I grew up and started to stretch my taste buds, I have discovered there are oodles of yummy soups out there…..I’m talking seriously, a ton! I’ve also found that I really like soup 🙂 And I can totally eat it any time of year. One thing I don’t love so much about soup is that some of the recipes can take longer to cook than I want to spend in the kitchen.
Insert -> current absolute favorite soup crush!! Mind-blowingly flavorful AND done in under 30 minutes!!! I am a little ashamed to tell you how many times I’ve made it for the family these past few weeks, but just know that it is THAT good. Try it and tell me how it ranks on your list.
Clean Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped, stems removed
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup bone broth
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil and toss in the onion. Sauté for 4 minutes, then add the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and broth and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cashews and simmer for 5 minutes. Cashews will be nicely softened and make a creamy soup once blended.
- Carefully pour into a large blender. Add the spinach, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.