What do people do with extra ripe bananas? I have always known the answer to be…banana bread! There has to be other options, right?!? I mean don’t get me wrong, I like a good banana bread every now and then but sometimes you just wanna buck the norm a little 😉
Well, here you go, girl….your very own norm bucking recipe that is perfect for those extra ripe bananas and to keep on hand during the week. We love whipping up a batch over the weekend for grab & go snacks and/or a great breakfast addition. One of our prepped hard boiled eggs with a muffin and I am good to go for school drop-off.
AND they freeze so nicely!!! Just toss in a Ziploc, freeze, and defrost right in the microwave. These are a total mom winning kind of recipe. Enjoy!
Apple Banana Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Dash of Himalayan salt
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Combine eggs, banana, butter into bowl and mix well
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, mix well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until blended
- Add chopped apple to mix and stir.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tins
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool and Enjoy!