Confession: I kind of love the word fritter. I don’t know why, it just feels fun to say to me. Although, I think I’ve only ever really it heard it said when talking about corn. And since corn is just not something that agrees with me digestively at the moment I wanted to see if I could get creative with the word.
Why not add it to another fun word and make something super fun, right?!? Well, that was my inspiration anyway…. It turned into something yummy indeed and a perfect main meal for our #meatlessmonday nights. Two cruciferous fritters topped with the perfect guac or avocado and I am one happy mama. Not too mention the recipe is super easy to toss together, which is always a win in my book.
- 1 (10 oz) bag cruciferous crunch mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- sea salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
Here’s the crunch mix that I used:
- Add the crunch mix, eggs, almond flour, green onions, coconut aminos, garlic powder and salt to a large bowl. Mix well. (If you want you cruciferous a little smaller you can chop it up)
- Heat coconut oil in a medium-large pan. Using a ¼-cup measuring cup, scoop up the mixture and drop into the hot oil, pressing down the mound to flatten it out slightly. The mixture will adhere as it cooks.
- Flip after 2-3 minutes and cook until golden brown on both sides (about 6 minutes total). Serve with the topping of your choice…..we love them with guacamole.