I totally grew up in the era of Hamburger Helper, and boy did my mama get excited when Tuna Helper became a thing, lol! I can remember that I didn’t want her to go rogue and try one of the “fancier” options…I was totally in love with the standard cheeseburger macaroni. How funny the things we remember, huh?
I cannot even tell you the last time I saw a hamburger helper box, and definitely have no clue when I would have eaten it. But I will say the ONE thing it had going for it was how quick she could get dinner on the table! Which is exactly what inspired this creation….
I was looking for something quick with a simple ingredients list, and you know had a veggie in it 😉 Boom! This beauty was born….hope all my “helper” era friends enjoy it just a little bit extra.
Cheeseburger Cauliflower Skillet
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 pound ground beef (or protein of choice)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- Steam cauliflower in the steamer basket until tender.
- While cauliflower is steaming, brown the ground beef in a skillet over med/high heat.
- Just before beef is done, add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Toss in steamed cauliflower and cheese with the beef and spice mixture.
- Mix all together, until cheese is melted. Enjoy!